Can You Make Bread in a Pressure Cooker?
I will not lie I have a kitchen product addiction. I can’t help it. I really wish I could. I vowed this year to get rid of as many appliances as possible. I decided I can get rid of my bread machine if I could find an Easy Bread in the Pressure Cooker Recipe. I knew I could make one but I would have to give up the crunchy crust. I decided I would make the adjustments to free up space in my small kitchen. I also need to be able to whip up a dairy-free version which is what is below. If you are wondering if a pressure cooker is worth it, you can read my review.
I look up on the internet for help and honestly it wasn’t that helpful so I decided to try to figure it out on my own. I made sure I had my fire extinguisher close just in case. Do not worry I didn’t need it but I spend too much time watching This is Us so now I am a fire safety queen.
Well back to the Pressure cooker bread recipe.
I used the package of yeast’s directions and I just modified them to my taste.
Pressure Cooker XL Bread Recipe
6 cups of all-purpose flour
3 TBS of Sugar
2 Tsp of Salt
2 Packets of Fast Rising Yeast
2 Cups of water for the recipe
1 1/2 cups of water for the Pressure cooker
1/2 cup of rice milk or milk (I used rice milk )
I made a rosemary, garlic, olive oil bread so you can add these to the basic pressure cooker bread recipe above.
4 sprigs of rosemary
3 TBS of Garlic
Spring Foam pan (1 lb Coffee can works) or you can buy a beaker and use that
Olive oil to drizzle on the top of the bread
Here’s how to make my Easy Pressure Cooker Bread Recipe
1. In a bowl, you will place all the dry ingredients. Leave some of the flour aside because you will want it when you knead the dough.
2. Next, mix all the wet ingredients and then heat them in the microwave. It helps the yeast develop. I did one minute in the microwave with the water, milk, and the butter in there.
3. Once you have the wet ingredients heated slowly add them to the dry ingredients. Mix them but not too much, just enough so you can knead them into a ball.
4. Once you have kneaded them into a ball split the ball into two balls. This recipe will make two small loaves.
5. Then put the dough in a loaf pan or the springform pan or a 1lb metal coffee can that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
6. This is where you can add the rosemary, garlic and olive oil on the top of the dough or inside.
7. Put foil over the dough and let it sit for 10- 30 minutes to let the yeast work.
8. Next, put 1 1/2 cup of water into your pressure cooker.
9. Then load your Silicon trivet in the bottom I like this one since it has handles. I use it all the time.
10. On top of the Silicon Trivet place your bread in the pan. You need to make sure it is covered in foil but make sure there is room in the foil to allow for the rise of the bread.
11.Turn on your pressure cooker for 25 minutes. Then when it is finished release the pressure using your mitts.
This will not be a crusty bread. It is tasty. I used rice milk so there wasn’t dairy. You can use regular milk. I added olive oil and rosemary and garlic to give it flavor. You can add cinnamon and raisins. You can try different flavors. I found that we liked it best warm. The kids ate this bread like they haven’t seen food in weeks which surprised me.
I am just happy that I can donate my bread maker because yet again my Pressure Cooker XL gets the job done.
I use these all the time
This is the pressure cooker I have.
I love my steamer basket
When I am trying to do an entire meal at once I love this
and everyone needs one of these make sure you look at the size of the unit before you buy this cake pan.
This is the best storage option I love my Rubbermaid containers you can microwave them and refrigerator food in them. They do not stain!
For more instant pot recipes check out these cookbooks
Instant Pot Recipes
Try my Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
Best Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Desserts
Easy Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
Instant Pot Baked Apples Recipe
Weight Watchers Mac and Cheese Recipe
Healthy Stuffed Peppers
Pressure Cooker Banana Bread Recipe
Simple Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe
Pressure Cooker XL Recipes