10 Uses for Vicks Vapor Rub
I don’t know about you, but my medicine cabinet always has a jar of Vicks Vapor Rub in it! Not only is it great for congestion, it’s also great for all types of other things. Since we are all about saving some money and being frugal where we can here at Madame Deals, I wanted to make a list with all the uses for Vicks Vapor Rub. Some you have probably heard of, and some might be brand new to you.
Here are 10 great uses for Vicks Vapor Rub:
- Decongestant for your Chest- This is the classic use for Vicks vapor rub. Rubbing some on your chest can help with chest congestion, and smells great (in my opinion ha!)
- Break up that cough- This is something I have personally tried. Before bed, rub your feet with Vicks and then put socks on. I woke up with almost n0 cough by the morning.
- Relieve sore muscles- Another one of my personal favorite uses for Vicks vapor rub is relieving sore muscles. Rub the sore area generously with Vicks and wait for the pain to melt away. It works by increasing circulation to the affected area.
- Get Rid of that Headache- A small amount of Vicks rubbed across your forehead will do wonders for your head! (Be sure to avoid your eye area!)
- Kick the Tick out! If your notice a tick on you, put a dab on the area, the smell will help draw the bugger out.
- Clear that stuffy nose! A dab of Vicks under your nose will work wonders! (*Note, this is not recommended for children.)
- Get rid of that fungus! Rubbing Vicks on any nails that you suspect are infected with fungus will help kill it off.
- Paper Cut Relief- Using a small dab of Vicks on a paper cut will speed up healing time.
- Throw some in your Scentsy Warmer- (or any other kind of wax melt warmer) to help with a cold, or just general achenes.
There’s Even a Use for Pets!
- Keep your cats from peeing on everything – If you have a cat that is prone to doing their business somewhere other than their litter box, leaving out an open container of Vicks near the area they are marking will make them think twice. (They hate the smell!) (*Note, I don’t recommend doing this with small children around.)
What is your favorite use for Vicks Vapor Rub?
Looking for more great posts? Check these out!