25 Epsom Salt Uses
One of my favorite things in my medicine cabinet is Epsom Salt! It has SO many awesome uses from muscle aches to cleaning you tile! Epsom Salt is a great alternative to expensive products and can be found at pretty much any store for cheap! I wanted to share with you today some of my favorite Epsom Salt Uses! Some you may have heard of, and some might be brand new! Lets get started:
Here are 25 Great Epsom Salt Uses:
- Body Aches- My personal favorite use for Epsom Salt is to help melt away body aches. Just add 2 cups of Epsom Salt to your bath and soak for at least 20 minutes. Works wonders!
- Remove a splinter- Put a mix of Epsom Salt and water on a splinter to help draw it out.
- Water Plants- Adding a few tsp of Epsom Salt to the water you use to water your plants will help you plants grow better!
- Add Volume to your hair- combine equal parts conditioner and Epsom Salt, apply to your hair and let set for 20 minutes. Then rinse. This will help remove oil from your hair that weighs it down!
- Sunburn Relief- Epsom salt’s anti-inflammatory properties make it a great tool for helping mild sunburn irritation.Just take an empty spray bottle, mix in two tablespoons of Epsom with one cup of water and spray on the affected area!
- Tile Cleaner- Epsom Salt + liquid dish soap= a great eco friendly grout cleaner!
- Better Veggies- Sprinkle some Epsom Salt into the soil where you’re planting veggies and watch them grow better!
- Face Wash- Add a pinch of Epsom Salt to your face wash for some great exfoliation!
- Foot Soak- 1 cup of Epsom Salt added to hot water makes a relaxing foot soak! (Great after a long day on your feet!)
- Get rid of Slugs- Got a slug problem? Sprinkle some Epsom Salt where they like to hang out to deter them.
- Laxative- For some occasional constipation a tsp of Epsom Salt in hot water as a drink can help. (make sure you ask your doctor first)
- Big Beautiful Roses- Add a tablespoon of Epsom Salt around rose beds for big beautiful roses!
- Bug Bite Relief- 1/2 cup of hot water + 1/2 a cup of Epsom Salt in a spray bottle= Bug Bite Relief Spray! (This also works great for itchy skin!)
- Soft Lips- Lips feeling a little dry? Try a tbsp of Epsom Salt + a tbsp of petroleum jelly for a great treatment for dry lips!
- Help your kids sleep better- A 1/2 a cup of Epsom Salt in a warm bath will help your little one’s relax.
- Cold and Flu Relief- When you feel a flu coming on,help boost your immune system by taking a warm bath with Epsom salt. It can help relax muscles, easing muscle aches and promoting healing sleep. Plus, it may even boost the body’s white blood cell production, which can help you fight infection!
- Make your own Sea salt texturizing hair spray -Jut combine 1 cup of hot water, 2 tablespoons Epsom salt, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel and 1/2 tsp conditioner in a spray bottle. Spray salt mixture into hair and scrunch hair with your hand for pretty beachy-waves!
- Fabric softener crystals -Mix 4 cups of Epsom salt and 20 drops of essential oil to make DIY fabric softener crystals. Use 1/4 cup per load and add at beginning of wash. (How cool is this!?)
- Skin Exfoliate – Gently rub Epsom Salt over damp skin then rinse for a great skin exfoliate!
- Remove Hair Product buildup from hair- Whenever your hair starts to feel heavy with product try this: 1 gallon of water, 1 cup of lemon juice, and 1 cup Epsom salt. Combine, cover and let set for 24 hours. The next day, pour the mixture into your dry hair and let it sit for 20 minutes. Then shampoo as normal.
- Acne Treatment- Epsom salt has been said to have great antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties making it a fantastic natural treatment for acne!
- Blackhead Extraction- Just mix a teaspoon of Epsom salt, 3 drops iodine and half a cup of boiling water.Use a cotton ball to dab the solution to your blackheads to help naturally extract them, and make them easy to remove!
- Reduce Swelling- A hot bath with a cup of Epsom Salt can reduce swelling and lessen the appearance of bruises.
- DIY Bath Crystals- Make your own bath crystals at home by combining two cups of Epsom salt with a few drops of food coloring (for color)and a few drops of fragrance, such as eucalyptus or lavender!
- Poison ivy relief– Make a relieving cold compress by soaking a cotton washcloth in a solution of Epsom salt and cold water (two tablespoons for every cup of water), apply to the affected area to help relieve irritation and swelling.
So there you have it! 25 great Epsom Salt Uses! Do you know another great uses for Epsom Salt? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for more great uses for common household items? Check out these posts:
Topic: Epsom Salt Uses
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal