FREE “I’m Bored” Fun Jar for Kids – 85+ Kids Activities
Children are naturally curious and has tons of energy, but there are times when they may find themselves feeling bored and unsure of what to do. It is important for us parents to encourage children to explore their interests and explore new ways to entertain themselves. Let’s talk about fun kids activities that they can do at home.
Fun Things Kids Can Do When They are Bored
Today was the last full week of school for my kids. That means only 3 more days until summer starts. YAY right? The kids are so excited they could burst.
But as a mom I know that that excitement will quickly wear away by week two, day 3, 9am. It happens the same time each year without fail. And when it does, the kids will let you know. They will come up to you dragging their feet, and sour faces and exclaim with a sigh, “MOM, I’m SO bored!” and “There’s nothing to do!”.
Here we have 2 choices. We can tell them to go watch some TV (and no judgement here, sometimes we all go that route) or we can direct them to an activity. So that’s where the idea for the “I’m Bored” Jar comes in!
With my FREE “I’m Bored” Jar Printable you cut up different kids activities and fold them. But them in a jar and every time a kid comes up to you and says their bored you direct them to the jar and have them pick out a fun activity to do! How fun is that right? I am in LOVE with this idea and my kids are too. I thought you would enjoy it so I wanted to share it with you guys, I hope you enjoy!
So just print this handy list out, cut out each activity, fold in half (or glue to Popsicle sticks) and put them in a jar. I hope everyone has an awesome summer!
MORE IDEAS TO ENTERTAIN BORED KIDS
20 Activities for Bored Kids
1. Start a journal or diary
Encourage your child to express themselves and write down their thoughts and also feelings in a journal. It’s a great way to contemplate and reflect on their experiences.
2. Learn a new skill
Whether it’s learning to play a musical instrument or how to code, or how to crochet, learning a new skill can be fun and educational for children. There are many free online resources available to help children learn new skills like Youtube, apps and more.
3. Build a fort
Grab some blankets and pillows and have fun building a fort. This activity encourages creativity and imagination.
4. Play board games
Board games can be a great way to bond with the whole family while also providing entertainment. Some popular games for kids include Monopoly, Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, and Sorry!
5. Bake cookies
Baking is fun and cookies is an easy recipe that kids can bake. Let children get involved in measuring ingredients and mixing the dough.
6. Paint or draw
Encourage your child to unleash their creative side. Let them express their creativity through art. Give them art materials like paints, markers, or crayons for their masterpiece.
7. Have a dance party
Put on some music and have a awesome fun dance party with your child. Not only is it fun they also get some exercise and you get to bond with your child.
8. Read a book
Reading is an excellent way to entertain your child. As they say, there are so many books, so little time.
9. Play dress-up
Let your children raid your closet and dress up in costumes. This can be a great way to encourage imaginative play.
10. Play with LEGOs
LEGOs are a great way to encourage creativity and problem-solving skills. Encourage your child to build their own creations or follow instructions to build a specific set.
11. Make a craft
Whether it’s making a bracelet or a paper airplane, or origami making a craft can be a fun way to pass the time. There are many online resources available with ideas for kids’ crafts.
12. Watch a movie
Sometimes all your child needs is some downtime to watch a movie. There are many kid-friendly movies available on streaming services like Netflix or Disney+.
13. Play with Play-Doh
Play-Doh can provide hours of entertainment for kids. Encourage your child to create their own sculptures or follow instructions to make specific shapes.
14. Learn a new language
Learning a new language can be a fun and educational experience. There are many online resources available to help children learn a new language.
Babbel Language Learning Software
15. Play with slime
Slime is a popular trend among kids right now. Encourage your child to create their own slime or buy a pre-made kit.
16. Have a game night
Invite friends or family over for a game night. This can be a fun way to socialize while also providing entertainment.
17. Play charades
Charades is a classic game that can be played with just a few people. Encourage your child to act out different scenarios and let others guess what they are trying to portray.
18. Build a puzzle
Puzzles can be a fun way to pass the time and develop problem
19. Create a family movie
This is a fun activity that will let them make fun memories. Ask them to take videos or pictures of what they and the family members do the whole day. At the end of the day, watch the video together. Instead of video, they can also take pictures.
20. Do science experiments
Educational and fun activity where they will learn different science concepts using easy-to-find ingredients at home.
85 Fun Home Activities for Bored Kids
We have 85 fun ideas that kids can do at home. Get the free printable below! Print and cut out so you can add the list of kids activities to the “I’m Bored” jar.
Get the Free Printable “Bored Kids” Home Activities
Do you have any other ideas we could add to our Free “I’m Bored” Jar Printable for kids? Leave them in the comments so other parents can use them!
Also check out our list of 100 Things to Do This Summer
SUN PROTECTION FOR KIDS
Must-have items for sun play for kids are sun protective clothing which helps shield them from harmful UV rays.
Kids Sun Hat UV Protection Unicorn Summer Beach Play Hats Wide Brim Neck Flap for Girls 2-9 Years
Willit Boy’s UPF 50+ Sun Protection Shirt Long Sleeve Rash Guard
Coolibar UPF 50+ Baby Finn Hooded One-Piece Swimsuit – Sun Protective
RIVBOS Kids Sunglasses Polarized UV Protection Flexible Rubber Glasses Shades with Strap
SUNSCREEN FOR KIDS – Kids Safe and Reef Safe
Playing under the sun is fun but don’t forget to protect children from the harmful rays of the sun. See my list of the best kids safe and reef safe sunscreens.
Baby Bum SPF 50 Sunscreen Lotion
- 100% mineral-based broad spectrum sunscreen that offers UVA/UVB protection.
- Made of plant-based formula that contains natural zinc oxide, coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter that protects, nourishes and hydrates the delicate skin of kids.
- Vegan, Cruelty, Gluten and Dye Free
- Pediatrician and Dermatologist tested. Paraben, Sulfate, Silicone and Phthalate free.
- Water resistant (80 mins).
- Also available in sunscreen spray and face stick formula.
Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 50
- Mineral sunscreen lotion with broad spectrum protection from harmful UVA and UVB
- Mild and formulated for baby’s delicate skin
- Made of naturally-sourced 100% zinc oxide active and skin-soothing oat
- Sweat and water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Tear-free formula
- Non-greasy, hypoallergenic and paraben-, phthalate- and fragrance-free.
Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Mineral Sunscreen Stick with Broad Spectrum SPF 50
- Mineral sunscreen stick with broad spectrum SPF 50 with 100% naturally sourced active ingredient zinc oxide for sun protection against harmful UVA & UVB rays
- Baby sunscreen that’s Ideal for face, ears and body
- Hypoallergenic, and free from Paba, parabens, dyes and fragrances
- Water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
Coppertone Pure and Simple Baby Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
- This does not claim to be reef safe but it is free of oxybenzone and octinoxate, which are two of the harmful chemicals found in most sunscreens that are not safe for reefs.
- Gentle sunscreen formula that protects baby’s skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA/UVB protection
- Made from 100% naturally sourced zinc oxide is an active ingredient that provides broad spectrum sun protection.
- Water resistant sunscreen (80 minutes)
- Made with nourishing botanicals (tea leaf, sea kelp and lotus extract)
- Free of PABA, parabens, phthalates, dyes, and fragrance.
- Also available in mineral spray sunscreen, sunscreen stick and water babies spray lotion formulas.
Blue Lizard Baby Mineral Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide, Water Resistant, SPF 50
- No chemical sunscreen, no parabens and no fragrances
- Baby sunscreen that’s formulated with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide
- SPF 50+ formula provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB exposure protection from 97% of the sun’s burning rays.
- Warning: When using this product keep out of eyes.
- With 80 minutes of water and sweat resistance
- Does not contain oxybenzone or Octinoxate
- Also available in mineral sunscreen stick and mineral sunscreen lotion formulas.
Banana Boat Kids Sport Sting-Free, Tear-Free, Reef Friendly, Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Stick, SPF 50
- Mild and gentle, pediatrician tested formula
- Water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
- Tear-free and sting-free
- With PowerStay Technology® that won’t run into eyes when kids are doing active activities.
- Lightweight and quick absorbing and is clinically proven with UVA/UVB protection
- Also available in sunscreen lotion and UltraMist Kids Max formulas.
Thinkbaby SPF 50+ Baby Sunscreen
- The broad spectrum UVA & UVB baby sunblock is suitable for daily use on infants’ sensitive skin
- Hydrating and easy to apply
- Water-resistant: offering babies continuous protection for up to 80 minutes
- Produced in the USA
- Active ingredient is non-nano Zinc Oxide. Formula is highly biodegradable, non toxic and does not contain any known chemicals harmful to coral reefs.
La Roche-Posay Anthelios Dermo-Kids Gentle Sunsceen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 60
- Lightweight and gentle sunscreen for kids
- Applies and spreads easily and has no fragrance
- SPF 50 UVA/UVB protection
- Great for kids with sensitive skin
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal