Toilet Paper Pumpkin Decor
1 roll of toilet paper
1 sheet of orange tissue paper
Black construction paper
Green construction paper
Brown construction paper
1. Cover the toilet paper roll with the orange tissue paper by laying the sheet flat, putting the roll in the middle and then just lifting and tucking the tissue paper in the roll’s hole.
2. Take one piece of brown construction paper and roll it horizontally. Then take the roll and fold it in half and stick that inside the roll’s hole.
3. Cut thin strips of green paper and tape stick them inside the hole as well to create “vines”.
4. Cut the black construction paper into shapes for the face. We chose traditional triangle shapes for the eyes and nose and then one small line for the mouth.
- Language Arts: Read the book Plumply, Dumply Pumpkinand create a list of adjectives you can find throughout the book. You can also do an adjective hunt around the house-walk around your home with your child and name objects you pass on your walk. Have your child give descriptive words to describe the objects.
- Science: Read the bok It’s Pumpkin Time!or From Seed to Pumpkin (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1) (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)
and dicuss the pumpkin patch and steps it takes to create a garden. Explore all the different needs that a plant needs to survive. You can also discuss the plant life cycle.
- Math: Read the book How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?and explore the estimation and skip counting that are used in this book-a VERY fun way to incorporate math in your craft!
This craft was an adaptation from a tutorial seen here
Thanks Mom on Dealz!