How to make chicken soup from scratch recipe
I believe that there are two things that can fix the world. The first is an open mind and a closed mouth and the second is Grandmom’s Chicken Soup. I love how easy this is to make!
When you think about what makes a good chicken soup you have to understand it is best to have fresh ingredients. Then you have to know the right amount of love to add to the recipe. You see for as long as I can remember a good bowl of chicken soup could chase away anything. It could warm your soul, fill your belly, and make life better.
This is how you make a good bowl of chicken soup.
You buy a whole fresh chicken. You then buy onions, carrots, garlic, celery, and bay leaves. I usually buy some broth because the salt helps heal.
Easy Chicken Soup from Scratch Using Whole Chicken
Grandmom’s Chicken Soup
- 1 chicken
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- several stalks of celery
- 2 cups of carrots
- 3 bay leaves
- and egg noodles if you want to make a chicken noodle soup
- You will need a large stockpot.
- The second thing you will do is place the chicken in stock pot.
- Then you will fill the pot with water leave room for the veggies and for it to boil.
- You will need to cut all veggies.
- Then place them in the pot with the chicken.
- I salt and pepper the water and then I turn it on high.
- I cook the chicken in the water on high for 20 minutes.
- Then I bring the temperature down to medium.
- I cook the soup on low until the chicken is cooked.
- Then you will remove the chicken from the pot and put it in a strainer. I tear off the meat and put it back in the soup.
- Finally I make noodles and put them in my soup.
- This is so good with rye and butter or Challah bread
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal