Kids Low Fat Recipes
Gluten free but crave a chocolate chip cookie dough fix? This grain free dip can be made with low fat, healthy ingredients, a perfect kids low fat recipes. It is also a safe way to allow your children to eat “chocolate chip cookie dough” – raw egg free!
Kids Low Fat Recipes: Gluten Free, Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Gluten Free, Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 package 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
- Allow the cream cheese and butter to soften by bringing to room temperature. Cream the cream cheese and butter till smooth. Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla then beat. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with fruit (pineapple, apple, strawberry) for a gluten free option or with pudding cookies, graham crackers or vanilla wafers.
Tips: Store in refrigerate but be sure to set out to soften at room temperature before using as a dip. When in the refrigerator it hardens to a point between cream cheese and butter- enough to break a light cookie!
- Variations: Want a lower calorie healthier version? Substitute fat free cream cheese, use brown sugar light (not light colored but mixed with substitute), and switch out the milk chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips, cocoa nips or unsweetened cocoa chips.
- You can also make your own cream cheese by draining all liquid from homemade or store bought yogurt. We simply put a piece of cheesecloth in a colander then place the yogurt in the cheesecloth over night. This "cream cheese" is much less expensive, even if you start from store bought yogurt rather than homemade yogurt.
Once your child is interested in cooking, try making a healthy snack like cooking with kids Southern Caviar or this Smile snack. Due to the fact this recipe has multiple measurements it would be an excellent one to show your child how to use this conversion chart while working throught the cooking with kids recipes.
Cooking With Kids- How to series: 6 Recipes Level 2
All Natural Recipes for Kids: Jiffy Sandwich Buns
Cooking with Kids – How to Series 5
Cooking with Kids – How to series 4
Cooking with Kids – How to series Part 3
Cooking with Kids – How to Series Part 1
Fun Healthy Recipes for Kids: Tomatoes Recipe for Everyone
Squash Parmesan Crisps Recipe
Cooking Healthy Recipes for Kids: Southern Caviar