Easy Onion Rings on the Grill
Onion rings on the grill, say what? That’s right, you can cook fried onion rings on the grill. They are crispy and crunchy and it is so easy you will never want cook them in a deep fryer or oven again. When the summer heat hits in the south, no one wants to cook in the oven. I also no longer own a deep fryer since I decided to live a healthier lifestyle. So I was trying to decide what to have as a side with our mahi-mahi burgers and my son asked for onion rings. I thought well why not try them on the grill. And much to my delight it worked.
How to cook onion rings on the grill
All you need is a bag of frozen onion rings and a nifty little cooking tray. You can pick one up at any store that sells grilling accessories. It is sometimes called a grill try or grill mesh. Either way the tray is the key. Mine is a bit cheaper than the one below but I will have to replace it before summer is over.
1. Place frozen onion rings in a single layer on the grill tray
2. Cook on the grill on over medium heat for 5-8 min.
3. Flip over the onions rings using metal tongs.
4. Cook for another 5-8 minutes until onion rings are golden brown.
The next night I tried fried pickles on the grill. They were so crispy and crunchy and cooked up so nicely just like the onion rings. What’s next? Mozzarella sticks? What are you going to try to cook on the grill this summer?
Love Grilled Recipes? Try these:
THE BEST PORTABLE GAS GRILL
- Easy to use and easy to clean portable grill
- Up to 11,000 total BTUs
- With 2 adjustable burners and push button ignition
- FUEL: One 16.4 oz. propane cylinder