Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Mirum Shopper but all opinions expressed here are mine.
Sweet Tea Chicken Recipe
I know I had you at sweet tea. I am a sweet tea drinker. I brew my tea daily. I drink my Lipton tea all year round. I love their chai, raspberry tea, peach tea and the original tea of course. This summer I have been consuming iced tea like it is my job. I guess it is the heat, or maybe it is the front porch family memories I want to create.
Here is how I make Lipton tea a part of our memories. I use it to brine my chicken talk about making your recipes sing!
This is my Sweet Tea Chicken Recipe
2 family size Lipton tea bags
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 TBS of lemon skin grated
3 garlic cloves, halved
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 tablespoon freshly cracked pepper
2 cups ice cubes or use Lipton’s cold brew tea
12 drumsticks or 1 (3 1/2-to 4-lb.) cut-up whole chicken
1) You will need to boil 4 cups of water unless you use Lipton’s cold Brew Tea (Time Saver). Then let it cool for about ten minutes.
2. Remove the tea bags. Stir in sugar and next 6 ingredients, until sugar dissolves. Do not add in the chicken until your mixture is cool. Once it is cool, then you can add your chicken. This will take about 45 minutes. I throw mine in the freezer to make this process that faster.
3. Then place tea mixture and chicken in a large plastic freezer bag. Place bag in a shallow baking dish or into another bag this is to prevent a spill. I also use on a cookie sheet refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade; pat chicken dry with paper towels.
4. Take the chicken out from marinade., discarding marinade; pat chicken dry with paper towels.
5. Throw away, marinade; then pat chicken dry with paper towels.
6. Dry the chicken with paper towels
7. Then grill your chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees
8. Serve hot or cold
You know that Summer means barbeques, picnics, and big family gatherings. I make sure our memories have Lipton tea. I am not sure why but I always associated tea with summer. I think back to our beach trips as a child, and I remember being allowed to have tea. I suggest Lipton tea because it is made with real tea leaves and 0 calories, Lipton Tea is the perfect drink for any situation. And now you can save 20% on Lipton® Tea with the Cartwheel app when you shop at Target.
The cartwheel app is easy to use
1) Load it on your phone
2) Link it to your Target account, Google or Facebook
3) Search for the offer. I typed in Lipton.
4) Add it to the cart
5) Show it to the cashier
6) Save 20% off your Lipton Tea Purchase
What could be better than enjoying your family, soaking in the memories, and washing back life with a tall glass of Lipton Iced Tea. It is our memories that make our life.