Leftovers are a staple in our household but eating the same thing over and over again can get boring. With the holidays here, leftovers are bound to be in abundance. I have started going through my favorite recipes to find new ways to freshen up those leftovers from Thanksgiving. Using my leftover turkey I remade it into one of my favorite recipes, and the best part is no one needs to know it came from leftovers. My leftover turkey broccoli braid recipe makes a great dish to pass at your next potluck.
Easy Leftover Turkey and Broccoli Braid Recipe
After Thanksgiving, you are always left with turkey, so what now? Here is one of my favorite recipes that I make with my leftover turkey. It is simple and so good! The kids even love it and its filled with broccoli so win, win!
- 2 packages Great Value crescent rolls
- 3 cups left over turkey (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tsp Dill seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Combine chopped turkey, broccoli, onion, mayonnaise, dill, salt and garlic powder in large bow (making sure to mix together very well.)
3. Unroll first package of Great Value crescent rolls being careful not to separate. Arrange the longest side of Great Value crescent rolls along the width of a rectangle baking sheet. Repeat with remaining package of crescent rolls.
4. Using dough/pizza roller, roll over crescent rolls to seal all perforations. On the longest sides, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart and 3 inches deep. This will leave 6 inches in the center to put the filling.
5. Spread filling into the center and sprinkle the cheese on top.
6. To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Repeat down the length of the dough. I had an extra piece of crescent roll left and created a cute bow for the middle.
7. Brush egg white over the crescent rolls.
8. Bake for 25-28 minutes.
Your whole family will enjoy this recipe! They will never even know it was made with leftovers too!
Make Sure to Check Out These Recipes
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal