10 Easy Tips For Improving The Amount Of Sleep You Get
We all know how important getting a good night sleep is. And as much as we all wish we could get 8 hours of sleep a night, it doesn’t always happen like that does it? As a mom of 3, I sometimes have a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. I have a million things in my head, fellow moms have to understand me there. In bed awake wondering if you remembered to pack everyone lunch, was the laundry done, and did you pay that bill that was due today? It can be frustrating to try to turn your mind off and go to sleep.
And I know I’m not the only one that has some trouble in the sleep department.
So what can you do to improve the amount of sleep you get?
10 Easy Tips For Improving The Amount Of Sleep You Get
1. Unplug! Studies show that if you turn off your phone (or tablet, kindle, iPad, etc) an hour before going to sleep it will allow your brain to shut off and you will fall asleep faster.
2. Warm bath and milk! Give yourself some time to get a warm bath to relax your body. Also avoid caffeinated drinks a few hours before going to bed instead drink some warm milk.
3. Keep it Cool! Having a great temperature in your room is important. Studies show the perfect temperature for sleeping is between 68-72 degrees.
4. Find your routine! Try to go to sleep and wake up at roughly the same time every day,yes, even on weekends! Getting in to a routine will help your brain and body get used to being on a healthy sleeping schedule.
5. Watch your water intake! Water is great for your body, but if you want to decrease your chance of waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, try not to drink anything at least 2 hours before bedtime.
6. Clear your mind! I know it might be hard to clear your mind when it’s time to go to sleep. But find a way that works for you. I like to do a little light yoga before bedtime to help ease my mind and it’s done wonders!
7. Bring the noise! I’m sure you are thinking that I am crazy to tell you to turn ON some noise when it’s bedtime. But what I mean is a fan, a noise machine, something soft and calming that will allow you to focus on that rather than noises your home might make.
8. Use the bedroom for sleeping! Making sure that your bedroom is used for sleeping. Don’t work in there! You want your mind to think of sleeping when you get in there.
9. Hit the gym! Studies show that people who exercise at least 3 times a week fall asleep faster and sleep longer.
10. Find the right mattress and pillow for you! Having the right mattress and pillow is SO important when it comes o the quality of your sleep. You want to make sure it’s not too hard, not to soft, and that it’s just right. That way you aren’t waking up in the night to adjust it.
Check out my Gel Memory Foam Mattress and Mattress Toppers Review
Awesome pillows, mattress and mattress toppers!
MyGreenMattress Pure Echo (starts at $549). Read my MyGreenMattress Review
– With comfortable spring system that offers excellent lumbar support.
MyGreenMattress Natural Escape (starts at $729)
– Perfect combination of contouring support and springy bounce
MyGreenMattress Simple Sleep Latex (starts at $729)
– Spring-free mattress is handcrafted with a core of conforming, breathable, all natural organic Dunlop latex, covered with a wool and organic cotton quilted cover.
Sweet Zzz The Affinity Mattress Luxury Firm (starts at $465)
– features pressure relief and firm support
Sweet Zzz Affluent Rest Gel Memory Foam Mattress Medium (starts at $799)
– firm base, medium core, soft top
Sweet Zzz Hotel Choice Hybrid Mattress (starts at $799)
– features innersprings
The Eco TerraLatex Mattress (Medium or Medium Firm) (starts at $549)
– Handcrafted natural latex combined with the buoyant support of premium encased coils
Avocado Green Mattress (starts at $959)
– 100% natural latex rubber, natural wool, certified organic cotton and up to 1,414 pocketed support coils
The Cariloha Bamboo Mattress ($650)
– Cariloha’s signature Bamboo Comfort™ bamboo charcoal memory foam and integrated cover
The Keetsa Plus (starts at $495)
– Contains two inches of soft BioFoam™ over individually wrapped coils, providing firm support.
MyGreenMattress American Eco-Wool Mattress Toppers ($239)
– Hand-stuffed with American Eco-Wool and enclosed with a woven GOTS Certified organic cotton cover.
MyGreenMattress Comfort Latex Mattress Topper $299
– Two inches of natural Dunlop latex, covered with an organic cotton cover.
Avocado Green Natural Latex Mattress Topper (starts at $349)
– Features natural Dunlop latex and natural New Zealand wool within an internally quilted ticking made with certified organic cotton.
Avocado Green Pillow (starts at $79)
– Non toxic pillow made from natural latex and natural Kapok fill, wrapped in a certified organic cotton cover.
Cariloha Micro-Gel Pillow ($79)
– Interior and exterior made entirely of viscose from bamboo. Gel-coated bamboo fibers provides a fresh, comfortable feel, keeping you 3 degrees cooler than other fabrics.
Cariloha Air Pillow ($79)
– Carefully perforated bamboo charcoal memory foam provides a fresh, breathable benefit that improves airflow between you and the pillow
MyGreenMattress Organic Sheets $99
– Ultra-soft, 400 thread count, organic cotton sheet set.
– 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 2 pillowcases
Cariloha Classic Bamboo Bed Sheets (starts at $179)
– Features twill weave finish and are twice as soft as cotton. Each set includes 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet, and 2 pillowcases, fitting mattresses up to 18” deep.
Cariloha Resort Bamboo Bed Sheets (starts at $239)
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal