For those that have read my articles before, you know how important saving money is to me. I am all about being frugal and cutting corners where I can while still living comfortably. So when I hear about a frugal tip I just have to share them with you! Have you ever heard of using coffee filters instead of paper towels? I know it sounds crazy, but it totally works AND saves money!Q I have mentioned previously how we have gone to cloth napkins and mostly cloth towels. On occasion, I use paper towels for really yucky stuff. I am glad to know I have a cheaper option! Let’s check out some ways you can use coffee filters instead of paper towels!
25 Ways to Use Coffee Filters Instead of Paper Towels
Better than paper towels…
Coffee filters …. Who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for almost nothing – even the large ones. Score!
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers that keep your food from splashing up while warming.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish. This can also be used when moving.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter!
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter and it works great for shining those.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter. Oil can be used until it’s black!
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods. This is a great way to help messy kids.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes. SMART!!
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter and insert the Popsicle. Summer perfection.
12. Do you use expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Skip the beauty store mark ups and use strips of coffee filters.
13. Put a few in a plate for your fried bacon, french fries, chicken fingers, etc on them. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom for shaving cuts on face or legs.
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliquéing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18. Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a plastic baggie until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book.
25. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
OH YES, THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS TOO.
Do you know of other Ways to Use Coffee Filters? Share it with us below.