One of my favorite things to bake with during the winter is Cranberries! They are readily available, and oh-so-yummy! Today I am going to share one of my families favorite recipes, Cranberry Lemon Squares! This recipe is just the right amount of sweet and tart, and relatively easy to make! I love to make this for my family, and they also keep well so they make great gifts!
Here is how to make my Cranberry Lemon Squares
Cranberry Lemon Squares
- For Dough:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 sticks of butter cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For Filling:
- 1 12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a food processor (or a blender with a pulse option) add your flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Pulse to combine.
- Add you butter (make sure you have cut it into cubes) in your flour mix and pulse to combine.
- Move your mix to a stand mixer (or bowl and use a hand mixer) and add your egg and extract, mix well until combined. Add your water 1 tsp at a time, until your dough forms.
- Press 1/2 your dough into a parchment paper lined baking dish. Set aside your remaining dough.
- In a medium bowl, combine your sugar and cornstarch, add your cranberries and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Pour your filling on top of your dough in a single layer, covering the dough. Press your remaining dough on top and add a sprinkle of sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minuets.
- Let cool completely, and cut into squares to serve!