Gifts in Jars: Foaming Bath Salts is an easy recipe with only 4 ingredients!
Gifts in Jars: Foaming Bath Salts are poured under the running water to get a full bubble bath.
Gifts In A Jar: Foaming Bath Salts
- 1/2 cup liquid soap
- 1 tablespoon light oil such as canola
- food coloring optional
- 6 cups rock salt crystals
- *I used Kosher salt - actually flat salt crystals and they will dissolve quicker in a lower temperature water.
- Mix together the soap, oil, and food coloring if desired. Pour this mixture over the rock salt in a large plastic or glass bow. Stir continuously until the salt crystals are evenly coated. Spread the salts out in a thin layer on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and allow to air dry. Drying can take up to 24 hours depending on the depth of salts, humidity in your area and other factors. Put the bath salts into a decorative container when they are completely dry.
- Consider adding a pouf or loufa sponge by simply hooking the rope around the jar. Another easy option for presentation of this jar is to include it in a basket of relaxation and spa time products such as a book, candle, and lotion.
The liquid soap I used had a bit of color to it so I did not add any coloring. If you do you may need to add additional drying time. Yield 48 ounces, enough for 24 baths.
Attach a label with these directions to your Gifts in Jars: Foaming Bath Salts: Pour 1/4 cup of the salts into the bath under running water.
Gifts in Jars are quick and easy thoughtful homemade gifts!
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal