Beef shank is a cut of meat that comes from the lower leg of a cow. It is a flavorful and tough cut of beef that is best cooked low and slow to achieve a tender and delicious result. In this article, we will share with you a recipe for grilled beef shank that is sure to impress your friends and family at your next barbecue.
- 4 beef shanks, about 2 inches thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Season the beef shanks generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat up your grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the beef shanks and massage the seasoning into the meat.
- Grill the beef shanks for about 5-6 minutes on each side, until a charred crust forms.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic over medium heat until they are translucent.
- Add the grilled beef shanks to the skillet along with the fresh rosemary and sliced lemon.
- Pour in the beef broth and red wine and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let the beef shanks cook over low heat for about 2-3 hours, until they are tender and fall off the bone.
- Serve the grilled beef shanks hot, garnished with additional fresh rosemary and lemon slices if desired.
Grilled beef shank is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for any meat lover. The combination of smoky and charred flavors from the grill, paired with the savory and rich sauce made from beef broth and red wine, creates a truly unforgettable meal. Whether you’re hosting a summer barbecue or simply looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy beef shank, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal