One way we save money in our house is to pack our kids lunches rather than buying school lunches. We also do not have a hot lunch program at my children’s school. So I thought I would share with you some recipes I find to spice up our children’s lunches! So each Friday, keep an eye for a new recipe for your kiddos lunchbox!
This weeks Friday Lunchbox Recipe:
MAC & CHEESE SOUP
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 (7.25-ounce) package macaroni & cheese mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups (1 quart) milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- In a soup pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Stir in peas and carrots, macaroni from packaged mix (reserving cheese packet), salt and pepper. Return to a boil, cover loosely, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, including reserved cheese packet. Reduce heat to medium, cover loosely, and simmer 10 minutes, or until hot and creamy, stirring occasionally
Recipe and Photo credit thanks to MrFood!
Easy Instant Pot Soup and Stew Recipes
Halloween Magic Witch Potion Recipe
Zombie Brains Halloween Green Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Mother’s Day Sweet Tulip Pop Treat
Two Minute Microwave Fudge Recipe
Easy Cookie Recipes Kids
Valentine Recipes for Kids Parties Fun: Nut Free Candy Bark
Valentine Recipes for Kids: Chocolate Raspberry Snack
Valentine Recipes for Kids: White Chocolate Raspberry Treat