I was washing my hair one day, and I happened to look down and notice my hair was swirling in a death spiral down the drain. I got down lower to examine what was going on. I began to have heart palpitations over the amount of hair that was quickly creating circles in my drain. Does that happen to you? Do you also lose hair?
Do you look for the reason why your hair fell out?
I did, and I realized my hair was falling out after googling because my shampoo that claimed to be natural hair care wasn’t.
Top Natural Hair Care Products
That got me thinking what makes something a natural hair care product?
I needed to know, so I didn’t have to see my hair fall out. Natural hair care products do not contain the following ingredients in the first five slots in the ingredient list:
- Alcohol Denat
- Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Mineral Oil
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
The best way to avoid using a product that isn’t natural is to make your own. I find that it is often complicated to figure out what the ingredient list says and it is easier to make my own Top Natural Hair Care Products.
I know you may not think you have the time whip up natural hair care options but they are easy.
Natural Hair Care Recipes
If you have dry hair:
Just use 1 cup of milk and 2 tbsp of honey in a mask.
You mix it up and leave it on for two minutes and then rinse it off it a cool water.
If your hair is damaged:
You can fix that with 4 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Coconut Oil is amazing you can use it to help with so many of your natural hair care needs. We love to give DIY beauty tips with coconut oil.
If your hair is oily:
Use 1/2 cup of egg white and 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Leave this on for one minute and do a cool rinse.
If you also suffer from frizzy hair like I do:
1 TBS of Yogurt and 1/4 tbsp of honey will help.
I keep this on for two minutes and rinse out with cold water.
There are other great natural hair care tips; my favorite is to use cool water after you have washed your hair with warm water. Do not use hot water. The cold water will lock in your shine. Your hair will be bouncy and smooth and moist.
If you are looking for the top natural hair care products for 40-year-old hair. I have tried and liked:
1) Suave Natural Hair Care Products. This is our review.
2) OGX line of shampoos. This OGX Hydrating Tea Tree Mint Shampoo one is my husband’s favorite. I like their coconut nourishing shampoo. When I use it, my hair smells like heaven.
3) The Avalon Organic line makes fantastic products that are sure to please everyone. I like the clarifying lemon shampoo to combat summer.
4) The Gud hair care line shares a blend of vanilla and milk for a hair treat. It leaves your hair soft.
5) This is one of my favorite treatment options, the Burt’s Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment Cream. I love it, and I considered it my Sunday night spa treatment for my hair.
What are your top natural hair care products?
More natural hair care products that you can do at home: