I love baked potatoes fully loaded with butter and sour cream, sprinkled with cheese and chives and don’t forget the bacon bits. Yummmm! While many think of baked potatoes as a side dish I like to think of them as the main course and in fact we often eat just loaded baked potatoes as dinner. The only thing better than baked potatoes with all the fixin’s are twice baked loaded potatoes!
Twice Baked Loaded Potatoes Recipe
- 6 baking potatoes, scrubbed and pierced with a fork
- Kosher or coarse sea salt
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream + more for garnish
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + more for garnish
- 5 strips bacon, cooked crispy + more for garnish
- 1 T fresh or dried chives
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes, prick with a fork, and rub with coarse salt
- Place potatoes on the rack in the oven and bake 40 minutes to an hour, until the potatoes are tender when a fork is pressed into the center.
4. Remove from oven and let cool until potatoes can be handled safely and comfortably.
5. Cut a sliver off the top of the long edge of each potato. Scoop the flesh out into a bowl, leaving ¼ inch of flesh attached to the skin for support.
6. Add butter and sour cream, and mix using a hand mixer for smooth potatoesWhen the potatoes are smooth, add the cheese and 3 of the bacon strips crumbled.
7. Place on a baking sheet or in a shallow baking dish. Return to the oven for 15 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and slightly crispy.
8.Top with extra sour cream, cheddar, small pieces of bacon, and chives. Serve hot.
Twice baked loaded potatoes are delicious on their own or served up with a juicy steak or steaming bowl of chili. Have you tried twice baked loaded potatoes? What are your favorite toppings.
Transform your baked potatoes into an amazing treat that the family will enjoy. Load it up with toppings and make it amazing.
Check out MadameDeals’ potatoes recipes:
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal