Baking Soda is great to have around the house for so many reasons! From cleaning to beauty, you are sure to find a lot of ways to use baking soda, and save some money by using it in place of expensive cleaners and more! So here are 101 uses for Baking Soda you might not have thoughts of before!
101 Uses for Baking Soda
1. Exfoliate your skin with a mixture of baking soda and water
2. Make a paste from baking soda and warm water to clean your kitchen sink
3. 1/2 a cup of baking soda in your wash brightens your whites!
4. A mixture of baking soda and warm water sanitizes your kids toys
5. An open box of baking soda under your sink repels ants!
6. Make you scrambled eggs fluffier by adding 1/2 a teaspoon for every 3 eggs
7. Freshen your carpet and mattress by sprinkling baking soda on them, waiting 3-4 hours, and then vacuuming it up
8. Clean your grout with a mix of baking soda and water
9. Baking Soda and water make a great grease fighter!
10. Warm water and baking soda are great for your aching feet
11. A paste of baking soda and warm water will whiten your teeth
12. Freshen your brushes and combs by soaking them in warm water and baking soda
13. Keep your shoes from smelling by sprinkling them with baking soda
14. Clean your dentures with baking soda and warm water
15. Using a paste of warm water and baking soda,clean off styling gunk off your curling iron!
16. Adding baking soda to a cool bath will help sooth sunburns
17. Use it to scrub your floors
18. Freshen your luggage by adding baking soda and vacuuming it up a few hours later
19. Baking soda and water is great at removing scuffs from walls
20. Add a pinch of baking soda to your shampoo to clean up build up!
21. Use it as underarm deodorant by applying it with a powder puff
22. Put two tablespoons of baking soda in your baby’s bathwater to help relieve diaper rash
23. Remove strong odors from your hands by rubbing them with baking soda and water
24. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with peroxide paste and use it as toothpaste
25. Have Heartburn? Take a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one-half glass of water
26. Add a cup of baking soda to bathwater to soften your skin
27. Freshen your mouth by gargling half a teaspoon of baking soda mixed water
28. Apply baking soda on jellyfish sting to draw out the venom
29. Use baking soda to relive bee stings
30. Relieve canker sore pain by using baking soda as mouthwash
31. Unblock stuffy nose by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to your vaporizer
32. Turn baking soda into modeling clay by combining it with one and 1/4 cups of water and one cup of cornstarch
33. Wipe baking soda on your windshield to repel rain
34. Sprinkle bakin soda on your ashtrays to reduce bad odor and prevent smoldering
35. Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water in the vase
36. Put an open container of baking soda in the fridge to absorb the odors
37. Improve the smell of dishrags by soaking them in baking soda and water
38. Freshen the air by mixing baking soda with your favorite perfumed bath salts. Put the mixture in small sachet bags
39. Sprinkle baking soda onto your cat’s litter box to absorb the bad odor
40. Scatter baking soda around flowerbeds to prevent rabbits from eating your veggies
41. Sprinkle baking soda on your pet’s comb or brush to deodorize their fur and skin
42. Soak dried beans to a baking soda solution to make them more digestible
43. Wash your fruits and veggies with baking soda
44. Use baking soda as a substitute for baking powder by mixing with it with cream of tartar or vinegar
45. Make a sports drink by mixing it with boiled water, salt, and Kool-Aid
46. Remove the fishy smell from your fillets by soaking the raw fish in a baking soda solution for an hour inside the fridge.
47. Reduce the acid content of your tomato-based recipes by sprinkling them with a pinch of baking soda (great tips for those with GERD)
48. Use baking soda to remove grease from pots and pans
49. Make your glass shine with a mix of baking soda and water in a spray bottle
50. Add a cup to the toilet, leave it for an hour, and then flush. It will clean the toilet and absorb the odor
51. Add a spoonful to your dishwasher to make scrubbing dishes easier
52. Combine it with water to make a paste for polishing stainless steel and chrome.
53. Clean your shoes with it
54. Put three tablespoons of baking soda to a quart of warm water, then use the mixture to wash marble-topped furniture
55. Absorb it with a damp sponge, then clean Formica countertops with the sponge.
56. Put it on a small brush to rub canvas handbags clean
57. Remove burned-on food from a pan by soaking it in a baking soda solution for 10 minutes before washing.
58. Combine with hot water to clean baby bottles
59. Keep your drains clean by putting four tablespoons of baking soda in them each week. Flush it down with hot water
60. Use it to get rid of stale odors from cooling containers and thermos bottles.
61. Clean your shower curtains by soaking them in baking soda and water
62. Scatter it on your greasy garage floor, scrub the floor, and rinse
63. Mix four tablespoons of baking soda with a quart of warm water, and use it to clean the inside part of an oven
64. Use baking soda to unclog gas stoves
65. Use it to put out small kitchen fires
66. Spot treat a pimple with a paste of warm water and baking soda
67. Use a mix of water and baking soda to clean your jewelry
68. Mix 1 tbsp in 32 ounces of water and drink it to help with the pain of a urinary tract infection
69. Use it as a shampoo! Mix 2 tbsp in a cup of warm water, spray onto your hair and leave on about 2 mins, rinse out
70. If you or your pet has been sprayed by a skunk, soak in a bath of water and baking soda to help the bad smell go away
71. Use it to clean your cloth diapers
72. Soak foul smelling sponges in baking soda to freshen them up
73. Use it to clean your microwave
74. Use a water and baking soda mix to clean smelly sports equipment.
75. Use baking soda to neutralize battery acid corrosion on cars
76. Sprinkle baking soda on a newly cleaned fire place to help with soot build up
77. Get rid of water rings on your tables with a mix of baking soda and toothpaste
78. White toothpaste and baking soda is a great filler for nail holes in your walls
79. Clean your cutting board by sprinkling with baking soda, scrubbing, then rinsing it off
80. Place a opened box of baking soda in your closets to keep your clothes fresh
81. Freshen your stuffed animals by sprinkling with baking soda, waiting 15 minuets, and then wiping them off
82. Baking soda is a must on camping trips! Use it to clean your pots, hands, cure bug bites, and brush your teeth!
83. Before you store your patio furniture for the winter, sprinkle the cushions with baking soda to keep them fresh
84. Sprinkle in your trash can to help keep bad odors at bay sprinkle in your laundry hamper to help with smells
85. To brighten a dull floor finish, dissolve ½ cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water. Mop and rinse for a shiny floor.
86. To shine tarnished silver, combine three parts baking soda with one part water. Rub onto silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
87. Use baking soda to brush your pets’ teeth.
88. Fight dandruff by ditching the shampoo for a few weeks and massaging your wet scalp with a handful of baking soda instead.
89. Use a pinch in a gallon of freshly-brewed iced tea, to take out the bitterness and prevent cloudiness.
90. Scatter baking soda on icy sidewalks?it’s not as corrosive as salt.
91. Discourage weeds by sprinkling baking soda into the cracks on your driveway and walkways.
92. Mix a little baking soda into your conditioner and lather on your hair to keep it healthy and resistant to split ends.
93. Sprinkle around your pets food bowl to prevent pests from getting in the food
94. Mix lemon juice and baking soda to help get off a bad spray tan
95. Detox bath: Relive itchy, winter skin. Add 1 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup baby oil to your bath
96. Scrubbing dry, cracked cuticles with a paste made out of equal parts of baking soda and warm water will help to exfoliate dead skin cells and soften your hands.
97. Baking soda and a few drops of essential oil makes a great room deodorizer
98. Use baking soda and water to remove crayon marks on your wall!
99. A mix of baking soda and lemon juice makes a great face wash
100. A mix of 1 quart warm water and 1/4 cup of water to make a great car wash
101. Mix baking soda and water to create thick paste. This will soothe mosquito bites and reduce swelling.
There you have it! 101 uses for Baking Soda!
Need tips for a cleaner home? Read these!
- Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Why cleaning doesn’t have to be a chore
- A clean kitchen in under 15 minutes a day
Do you know more than 101 uses for Baking Soda? Share it with us!
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal