10 Uses for Baking Powder
Happy Tuesday everyone! As you might know from reading my 101 uses for Baking Soda and my 25 uses for Apple Cider Vinegar I love finding multiple uses for common household items. It saves money and space, and who doesn’t love both of those things right? I’m sure most of you have a container of baking powder in your house, and I don’t know about you, but I use about a tbsp of it about 3 times a month, so I always have a ton left over! So I thought I would do some research and find what else I could use baking powder for, and I wanted to share them with you!
Here are my top 10 uses for Baking Powder:
- As a Deodorizer- You can sprinkle some baking powder on your carpets and then vacuum it up to suck up some of those set in odors. The same can also be done for car seats (fabric, not leather)!
- As a Detergent Booster- Put a tsp of baking powder in with your clothes and it will help remove odors in the wash.
- As a Degreaser- Got a grease stain on your shirt? Sprinkle some baking powder on the spot and leave it to soak up the grease, wash as usual and the grease spot will be gone!
- As a way to keep out ants- Ants invading your house? Mix an equal amount of baking powder and salt and sprinkle around the outside of doors and windows to deter them.
- As a Gas Blocker- A tsp of baking powder in water while cooking dried beans will lesson gas and bloating that comes from eating the beans!
- As a freshener for your shoes- Fill a pair of socks with baking powder and tie off the ends. Stick them in shoes you want to keep fresh!
- As a Soak for pots and pans- Stuck on foods making pots and pans hard to clean? Soak them in a mix of hot water and baking powder and you won’t have to scrub so hard!
- As a Crayon Mark remover- Did little one decided to use the wall to make a master piece? Use a mix of hot water and baking powder and gently scrub the marks off with a toothbrush.
- As a Cleaner for your Microwave- Put 2 tbsp of baking powder and 2 cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. This will loosen any stuck on food and make it where you can easily wipe it clean!
- As a Drain Opener- Have a partially clogged drain? Pour in 1/2 a cup of baking powder followed by 1/2 a cup of vinegar and let bubble. Wait a few minutes and follow up with some hot water and the clog should be gone!
So there you have it, 10 uses for baking powder that you may not have thought of before! What is your favorite use for baking powder? Let us know in the comments below!
Like my 10 Uses for Baking Powder? Read more tips:
- 10 Uses for Vicks Vapor Rub
- Household Uses for Denture Tablets
- Helpful uses for Cornstarch
- Epsom Salt Uses
- Top Borax Uses
- Great Vaseline Uses
- Mineral Oil Uses
Topic: uses for baking powder