Spring Cleaning Tips with Free Printable Deep House Cleaning Checklist
Springtime is finally here! One of my favorite things about spring is opening my windows, letting the light in, and sprucing everything up! You know what I’m talking about, Spring Cleaning time!
I know I know, most people don’t like cleaning, but something about spring cleaning makes your house feel new and fresh, and really brings the sunshine in! I always do an annual deep house cleaning during this time of the year, so I wanted to share with you a few spring cleaning tips that I have picked up along the way!
Spring Cleaning Tips To Make It Easy and More Fun For Everyone
Get your cleaning supplies ready! Aside from cleaning appliances and cleaners before I begin my spring cleaning I make sure to restock on my cleaning and organization essentials. Are your paper towels magical? Mine are amazing! Having high-quality paper towels, toilet paper and bathroom tissue can make cleaning easier and less messy.
Make it a family affair! Spring cleaning doesn’t have to be (and shouldn’t be!) a one person job. Make sure you ask for help when you need it. In our house, we train our kids to clean. I give them spray bottles with water and some paper towels that they can use to wipe table tops, counters, small decors and other stuff that they can easily reach.
I never run out of paper towels because there’s just so many uses for it. I love using it to polish my stainless steel refrigerator, shine glassware and even to scrub off grime on stovetops.
Another thing that you can let kids help you with is to ask them to organize stuff. I already started spring cleaning our bathrooms this week and I asked my kids to help me. I assigned them to restock our bathroom tissue, and they were so happy and proud to help.
Break it up! Trying to spring clean your entire house in 1 day will stress you out, and details will get missed. Make sure you give yourself enough time to get it all done without pulling your hair out!
Make a schedule! We do this every year. I personally spread my spring cleaning throughout a week and focus on 1 area per day. Making a schedule allows you to keep track of what has been done, and what needs to be!
Go Natural! Using natural and homemade cleaners will save you some money and help the environment! This is very important especially if your kids are helping you clean, you don’t want to expose them to chemicals from harmful cleaning products. Just give them a simple water bottle spray plus Viva® Towels.
Relax! Don’t freak out if things don’t get done as fast as you want them too, it’s just a little dust, it’s going to be ok!
Here are some must-have cleaning supplies for your house:
- All-purpose cleaner
- Microfiber cloths or rags
- Vacuum cleaner
- Broom and dustpan
- Mop and bucket
- Glass cleaner
- Scrub brush
- Rubber gloves
- Toilet bowl cleaner
- Baking soda
Having a simple house cleaning schedule can help make spring cleaning easier. I’m sharing with you this deep house cleaning checklist so you can print it out and knock it out! This is a comprehensive checklist for deep cleaning your house.
Free Printable Deep House Cleaning Checklist
1. iRobot® Roomba® j7 (7150) Wi-Fi® Connected Robot Vacuum
- I thought I don’t need a robot vacuum but trust me this is a life changer!
- This is powerful and great if you want clean floors all the time. It picks up dust, hair, pet hair and more.
- It allows you to schedule multiple cleanings per day
- Great for cleaning under the bed
2. eazer Squeegee Window Cleaner 2 in 1 Rotatable Window Cleaning Tool Kit with Extension Pole, 62‘’ Telescopic Window Washing Equipment
- A good squeegee is a must-have and this cleaning tool has some extra features than your ordinary squeegee.
- It’s lightweight. It has detachable 4-section thickened aluminum extension rod. By adding and reducing aluminum rods, the length can be controlled up to 62inch.
- The window washer + squeegee features flexible head which efficiently scrub and squeegee your high and low windows.
- 2 streak-free squeegee blades are included (10 and 14) to fit varying window sizes.
- It includes detachable 4 cloths that you can machine wash
3. O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop, Bucket Floor Cleaning System
- Mopping floors is a whole lot easier with a spin mop. The bucket design features a built-in wringer making it hands-free wringing.
- It has a splash guard that keeps water splash and spray inside the bucket when wringing or when transporting the bucket from room to room
- Microfiber Mop Head is machine-washable and reusable!
- With triangle mop-head design which has the ability to rotate 360 degrees. It can reach and clean deep into corners, under furniture, alongside baseboards, and between tile.
5. Homyeko Electric Spin Scrubber for Bathroom
- Scrub your bathroom tiles, tub and every corner of your bathroom without breaking your back or bruising your knees.
- With extendable handle and adjustable head angles
- With 5 brush heads
- With built-in powerful spinning motor up to 380 RPM
- There are 3 lengths to choose, 43″, 36″, 27″. Head angle is also adjustable, 45°, 90°, 180°.
8. ORFELD Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 22000Pa Powerful Cordless Vacuum 6 in 1
- Powerful and affordable cordlesss vacuum
- The rechargeable stick vacuum provides up to 35mins fade-free strong suction
- 5 stages HEPA filtration system capture 99.99% of fine dust as small as 0.1 microns
10. Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner
- A must-have for cleaning your microwave
- Just add vinegar and water. Place it in the microwave for 7 minutes. Hot steam blasts from the head of the microwave cleaner to soften and release microwave dirt and stains for quick and easy cleaning.