When I decided to have the Gastric Sleeve, I made sure to keep all my appointments with the Doctor, Therapist,Nutritionist and Exercise Physiologist. I wanted to make sure I was prepared for what was to come after the surgery. I attended nutritional classes and attended the Gastric Sleeve Pre-Surgical Diet Class. I got this Gastric Sleeve Cookbook. I asked questions of the surgeon, other patients who had the surgery, and staff at the weight loss center I was going thru. However prepared I was before my surgery, I wasn’t ready for some things that followed. Keep reading to find out what I learned “AFTER” my Gastric Sleeve. Make sure to also check out Why I had the Gastric Sleeve.
Top 5 things I Found out After My Gastric Sleeve
- Don’t judge your weight loss by the scale, pay attention to how your clothes fit.
- Eating Protein all the time will get boring but there are many creative options.
- Trust other people when they say you look good and they can tell you have lost weight. They see you differently than you see yourself. Take their compliments
- Just because you don’t see it in the mirror doesn’t mean you aren’t losing. Comparing your reflection to old pictures helps you see how far you have really come.
- You don’t lose weight evenly over your whole body. My hour glass (even though it was a big one) shape has turned into a very lopsided pear. Over time your shape will even out.
It has only been 9 weeks since my surgery but I am slowly coming to an understanding of the changes that are taking place in my body. I have also found that I am becoming more mentally aware of the changes to my body and know that over time everything will work together to create a better me.
Have you had a Gastric Sleeve or other Bariatric Surgery? Share your tips and things you have learned.