Whether you are making deviled eggs, egg salad or just like eating simple hard boiled eggs, make it easy and simple by making hard boiled eggs instant pot with this recipe.
What is the best way to hard boil eggs?
The best way to hard boil eggs is by using the Pressure Cooker!
Perfect eggs every time. No mess or fuss or worrying about over or undercooking them ever again!
The pressure cooker helps to cook the eggs evenly and quickly, and also makes them easier to peel. This method is ideal for those who want to prepare a large batch of hard boiled eggs for meal prepping or for feeding a crowd.
In this process, the eggs are cooked under high pressure for a set amount of time, then quickly cooled to stop the cooking process. The end result is perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs that are ready to be eaten or used in your favorite recipes.
Just make sure to follow all the steps because you would hate to have an egg explosion…not like that has ever happened to me. Try and error right! These few but simple steps will give you perfect Hard Boiled Eggs every time.
Make sure to also read my tips below for what to do with hard boiled eggs.
Simple Hard Boiled Eggs in Instant Pot Recipe
First, make sure the instapot is clean and ready to go! Grab the rack that it came with and put it in the pot. If you have one of those steel lotus, steamer baskets put that in too! It will make it easier to take out when it is done.
Next, add 1 cup of Cold Water!
Add your eggs. Do not do more than 12 at a time!
Close and lock the lid.
Press Time Cook and set timer for 6 minutes and Start
It will take about 10 minutes for the Instapot to build up the pressure then the timer will begin.
While that is going on, grab a bowl of Cold water and fill with ice cubes!
Once the timer goes off, release any steam if any is left, which mine does not usually, then unlock and place eggs carefully into the ice bath immediately. This is very important! By placing the eggs into the ice bath, you stop the baking of the eggs.
If you want perfectly Hard Boiled Eggs, get them in the ice bath right away. Let them sit there for about 15 minutes!
After the eggs have been in the ice bath for 15 minutes, you can peel and enjoy!
How long do hard-boiled eggs last in fridge?
Hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
It is important to store hard boiled eggs in a covered container to prevent them from absorbing odors from other foods in the fridge.
If the eggs have been peeled, it is best to eat them within a few days for optimal freshness.
No matter what you do, you will have delicious Hard Boiled Eggs every time! If you prefer your eggs to be Easy or Medium all you need to do is just cut the time back! I hope you enjoy this simple and quick way to make perfectly Hard Boiled Eggs with your Instant Pot!
MUST-HAVE INSTANT POT ACCESSORIES
If you’re a fan of pressure cooking, then you know how awesome it can be to have the right accessories. From silicone sealing rings to steamer baskets, these tools can help you get even more out of your pressure cooker. These are my favorite pressure cooker accessories:
I find the one I use the most is the Silicone starter pack. I use it for every meal I make in the pressure cooker or outside of it.
Instant Pot Mini Mitts are perfect for lifting the hot liner pan out of the instant pot.
Instant Pot Cheat Sheet Magnet Set is very handy cheat sheet with cooking time and liquid ratio for over 100 common foods
2 Tier Stackable Stainless Steel Mesh Strainer Basket with Silicone Handle for simultaneously cooking variety of food
Steamer Rack Trivet with Heat Resistant Silicone Handles is great for roasting or steaming
Instant Pot Official Silicone Steamer Basket is very useful for steaming. It fits different instant pot sizes and is easy to clean.
The Silicone Sling Lifter makes lifting bowl or pans out of the instant pot easy
Stackable Egg Steamer Rack Trivet will let you cook 14 eggs at the same time
What to Do with Hard Boiled Eggs?
Hard boiled eggs are one of the most versatile ingredients you can have in your kitchen. They are easy to make, store well, and can be used in a variety of dishes.
Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a protein-packed meal, hard boiled eggs are the way to go. Here are some fun and easy ideas on what to do with hard boiled eggs.
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Egg salad sandwiches are a classic and delicious way to use hard-boiled eggs. Egg salad is a delicious and satisfying sandwich filling that is easy to make.
- Mash 4 hard-boiled eggs with a fork in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Spread the egg salad mixture onto slices of bread, and top with lettuce and tomato.
- Enjoy your delicious egg salad sandwich!
Check out my Egg Salad Recipe
Deviled eggs are a classic party appetizer that never goes out of style. These are a popular appetizer and are easy to make.
See my Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe
A Cobb salad is a classic American salad that is hearty enough to be a meal on its own. A yummy hearty and healthy meal that uses hard-boiled eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix together chopped romaine lettuce, sliced hard-boiled eggs, cooked and chopped bacon, chopped tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, sliced avocado, and sliced chicken breast.
- Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing and toss well.
- Enjoy your delicious and filling cobb salad!
Nicoise salad is a French salad that features hard-boiled eggs as a key ingredient.
- In a large bowl, mix together mixed greens, boiled and sliced potatoes, boiled green beans, sliced hard-boiled eggs, sliced tomatoes, and canned tuna.
- Drizzle with a vinaigrette dressing and toss well.
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Nicoise salad!
Topping for Your Ramen Bowl
Adding hard boiled eggs to a bowl of ramen is a great way to add some protein and flavor to this classic dish. Simply slice the eggs in half and place them on top of the ramen along with some sliced green onions, nori, and sesame seeds. Delicious!
Scotch eggs are a British snack that are perfect for a picnic or party. To make them, wrap a hard boiled egg in sausage meat, coat it in breadcrumbs, and deep fry it until golden brown. They are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, and are sure to impress your guests.
Pickled eggs are a great snack to have on hand when you need a quick protein boost. To make them, simply hard boil the eggs and then soak them in a mixture of vinegar, sugar, and spices for a few days. They are tangy, savory, and satisfying.
Here’s a simple recipe for making pickled eggs:
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices (or a mixture of whole peppercorns, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaves, and dill seeds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: sliced onions, jalapeños, or other flavorings
- Place the peeled eggs in a large, sterilized glass jar or container.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, pickling spices, and salt. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the hot liquid over the eggs in the jar, making sure they are completely covered.
- Add any additional flavorings, such as sliced onions or jalapeños, if desired.
- Allow the eggs to cool to room temperature, then cover the jar tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before eating.
- The eggs will continue to absorb the flavors of the pickling liquid over time, and should last for up to one month in the refrigerator.
Enjoy your delicious and tangy pickled eggs!
There are plenty of ways to use hard boiled eggs in your cooking. Whether you are making an appetizer, a salad, or a sandwich, these little protein powerhouses are sure to come in handy. So go ahead and boil up a batch of eggs, and let your creativity run wild!
Disclosure: “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal