Top Borax Uses
I first added Borax to my cleaning supply list when I started making my own Homemade Dishwasher Detergent. It is also used in this DIY Laundry Detergent Recipe. Once I started having Borax in my house on a regular basis, I wanted to know what else it could be used for. It is important that products can multi-task and that products are used to their fullest potential. Now it doesn’t sit on my shelf between batches of detergent but instead helps me with a whole area of things.Keep your house clean with these Borax Uses.
Top 10 Borax Uses
1. Universal Kitchen Cleaner – Dilute 1 gallon hot water with 1/2 cup Borax. Use this cleaning solution on counter tops, sinks, floors, appliances, and more. You can even use it on tile, ceramic, granite, stainless steel, porcelain, slate and marble.
2. Dishwasher Detergent Booster – Sprinkle 1/4 cup Borax to the bottom of the dishwasher. Run dishwasher as normal . You can expect to see a reduction in water spots and film on glasses and dishes.
3. Deodorize Mattresses – Sprinkle Borax lightly on top of bare mattress. Let sit 10-15 minutes to absorb smells and moisture. Vacuum Borax off mattress. Repeat every time you change your sheets for a fresh clean mattress.
4. Carpet Cleaner – Dilute 1/2 cup Borax in 1 gallon hot water and use in Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines.
5. Toliet Bowl Cleaner – Pour 1/4 cup Borax into toilet bowl. Swish around and scrub areas as needed. Let sit 10 minutes and flush. Repeat as often as needed.
6.Soap Scum and Hard Water Stain Removals – Apply Borax to clean damp sponge and scrub shower walls, tubs and tile. Rinse with clean water and repeat if needed.
7.Carpet Stain Cleaner – Combine 1/2 cup Borax with 2 cups hot water. Make sure Borax is dissolved and shake well. Rub directly onto stain. Let dry,vacuum and repeat as necessary.
8. Rust Remover – Make a paste with lemon juice and Borax. Scrub the rust with the paste and rinse with clean warm water.
9. DIY Shampoo – Mix 1 part borax with 5 parts warm water. Shake well to dissolve and let sit for a few hours. Pour onto hair and massage into hair and scalp. Let sit for 5 minutes and then rinse with clean,warm water.
10. Clogged Drain – Pour 1/2 cup Borax down drain and follow it up with 2 cups boiling water. Let it sit for 15-30 minutes. Rinse clear with warm water.
These are just a few of the many great Borax uses. Tell us how you use Borax, we would love to hear.
Check out these other Helpful Cleaning Tips