Tuscan Garlic & Herb Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe
TUSCAN GARLIC & HERB WHOLE ROASTED CHICKEN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes per pound
1 Harvestland Fresh Whole Bird w/ giblets
1 cup of Schlotterbeck & Foss Garlic & Herb sauce (available at select Whole Foods Market or check out schlotterbeck-foss.com)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
20 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 medium lemon, halved
1 large whole garlic bulb
1. With fingers, carefully loosen skin around the chicken breast, leg and thigh. With a basting brush,
brush ½ cup of Schlotterbeck & Foss Garlic & Sauce under the loosened skin of the chicken. Place sliced
garlic cloves under skin and inside of cleaned bird cavity. Squeeze half of the lemon into the cavity
placing squeezed half in the cavity and salt & pepper.
2. Remove papery outer skin from whole garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic
bulb and place garlic bulb in the cavity. Using ¼ cup of S & F Garlic & Herb sauce baste the inside of the
cavity. Skewer chicken openings and tie the drumsticks together with kitchen string.
3. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. With a basting brush use the remaining ¼ cup
of S & F Garlic & Herb sauce and brush the entire outside skin with the sauce to coat evenly.
4. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350° oven for 20 min/lb. or internal temperature of 180°.
5. If Chicken browns to quickly cover the top of the bird with foil.
6. Let rest outside of oven for 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving.
7. Serve with Garlic & Herb Roasted Potatoes using S & F Roasted Garlic & Herb sauce.
Check out other S&F delicious recipes
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
- Peach Whiskey Glazed Pork Biscuits
- Peach Whisky Glazed Pork Tenderloins
- Spicy Steak Breakfast Burrito
- Spicy Steak Taco Salad
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Pollo Asada Summer Time Burritos Recipe
- Tuscan Garlic & Herb Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe
- Pineapple Habanero Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
S&F Sauces are available at Whole Foods year round and BJ’s Wholesale Club on a rotational limited time only basis.
Don’t forget to visit S&F for more great recipes.
Also check out our collection of yummy and easy to make Recipes, if you have kids get them into the kitchen with our Recipes Kids Can Make!
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal