Baked Quinoa Patties Recipe
If you’re on a gluten free diet one of the ingredient that you should check out is Quinoa. It is high in protein and fiber and very versatile, you can use it in a lot of recipes and it tastes great with a nice crunch. This Baked Quinoa Patties Recipe is one of my favorites and even kids will love it.
Here’s how to make this Baked Quinoa Patties Recipe
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
1 5oz. pkg. Hodgson Mill Quinoa & Brown Rice Mediterranean blend
3 eggs (beaten)
1/3 cup onion (chopped)
2 small garlic cloves (diced)
1 cup chopped kale (if you love kale, add 1 cup)
½ cup gluten-free plain bread crumbs
½ cup black beans (if you love black beans, add ½ cup)
1 tbspn fresh lime juice
½ cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
4 tbspn olive oil
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Follow pre-packaged quinoa’s cooking directions. In this case, it directs us to boil 1¾ cup water to boil, add contents of package, stir well, reduce heat to low, and cover for 14-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Dice onion and garlic cloves.
4. Place 2 tbspn olive oil into pan on medium heat and add chopped kale, onion, garlic, and lime juice. Sauté on medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until colors deepen and onions are translucent. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Beat 3 eggs in medium mixing bowl. Add quinoa and bread crumbs. Stir. In a separate mixing bowl, combine kale mixture, black beans, and shredded parmesan cheese. Combine both mixtures in medium mixing bowl. Stir well.
6. Use your hands to form 1½ inch thick patties. Smear 2 tbspn olive oil on baking sheet or aluminum foil. Place each patty approximately 2 inches apart.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 16 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove patties when they reach a light golden color.
8. Serve hot with a side of greek yogurt dip and cooked salmon. Enjoy your healthy meal. You’ve earned it!
Read these gluten free tips:
Try these gluten free recipes: