Fun Fruit Recipes for Kids: Peach Cobbler
I had so much fun earlier this month making blackberry cobbler for my guest post on another great blog. And when I found out that we were going with a peaches theme for our recipes this week, I knew right away that I’d be making peach cobbler this time. It’s delicious and really couldn’t be easier. And it’s the perfect time of year for peaches – the peaches that I picked up from my local grocery store were just amazing.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 sliced fresh peaches
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square pan and place in pre-heating oven to melt. Remove pan from oven when butter has melted.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Slowly add milk and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into pan, on top of the butter. Do not mix the batter with the melted butter.
- Place fruit on top of the batter.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Kitchen-Friendly View
Serve it with ice cream or eat it while it’s still warm – it’s fantastic either way! My kids loved this making and eating this peach cobbler, and I hope yours will too!
What are your favorite fun fruit recipes for kids?
In the mood for more peaches? Try Homemade Canned Peach Butter, Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Peaches, or Peachy Pancakes!
TOPIC: Fun Fruit Recipes for Kids