The key to a good chicken soup is love. Well maybe some great ingredients and a short cooking time. I am just someone who loves Chicken soup. This is an easy recipe that you can freeze. I have left out the chicken for my oldest who hates chicken and he will eat the whole bowl and then the next bowl.
Zucchini Soup with Chicken Recipe
Zucchini Soup with Chicken
- 2 cans of butter beans
- 3 Zucchini
- One box of broth
- one cup of water.. I think the broth is always to salty you can leave this out if you want
- One package of chicken about 1lb
- One Table spoon of fresh Garlic
- One Package of Parmesan cheese
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- I wash my chicken and then pat it dry...
- I cut up my zucchini and brown it in my dutch oven. You can use a normal pot.
- Then I drain the beans..
- I pour the beans over the browned zucchini
- Next I brown the chicken in a separate pot
- I then pour my soup over the veggies while my chicken is becoming cooked.
- I place the chicken in the soup and cook it on low heat.
- I add in the garlic.
- I will keep it on low until I am ready to serve it and the soup is hot.
- I finish the soup off with the cheese.
- It is really great and it is a great soup to place in a freezer bag and freeze flat. I had help from my kids who were able to do the cutting and the can opening and the pouring. I didn't let them do the actual cooking.
Check out more Dinner Recipes for Kids
Also try our other soup recipes:
Make sure to visit our Recipes Kids Can Make page for more yummy and easy to make recipes that kids will love to eat and make!
Don’t forget to also check out our other Recipes!
Find out what we eat >>> Weekly MadameDeals Menu Plan