Healthy Tilapia Recipes in the Pressure Cooker
Do you come home or are you home and you realize you forgot about dinner. You realize you indeed are incharge of making it. You are like me and you buy stuff when it is on sale. You know that the ultimate list of frugal tips says buy low and stock up. You even know what to stock up on and when. If you do not read our stock up list to help you out. I even have tips of how to organize your stockpile. I find that know how to save on fruits and vegetables saves me as much money as knowing when to buy meats. That brings me to my Healthy Tilapia Recipes in the Pressure Cooker XL.
I saw a sale where it was buy one bag and then get one free. They were two pound bags and they were frozen. I paid $12.00 for the two bags. I knew I could get three meals out of the $12.00.
The items in this recipe are stables in my home. I always have garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. The rest of the ingredients are optional. The tilapia fish is a mild fish so it will take on the flavor of what you add to it.
I made this recipe using foil but I could have just put the fish on the steamer basket if I wasn’t cooking the entire two pound bag. I usually do not cook that much but I made dinner for that night and then I want the rest of the fish for taco’s the next day for lunch.
Healthy Tilapia Recipes in the Pressure Cooker XL
Healthy Pressure Cooker Tilapia Recipe #1 – Cook time is 5 minutes
Tilapia 2 lbs frozen
2 lemons (microwave them for 15 seconds)
Salt and pepper
This is the easiest tilapia pressure cooker recipe. You place each fillet in a foil package. Then, you slice the lemon and place a slice of lemon on each tilapia and then you sprinkle with salt and pepper.
You layer them in foil in your Pressure cooker XL for 5 minutes. That is it!
Healthy Pressure Cooker Tilapia Recipe #2
This recipe requires you to fix ingredients. I know the horror but it is worth it!
You will need aluminum foil
2 Lemons or 2 TBS of juice
1 TBS of Ginger
1/4 cup of Soy sauce
2 TBS of Cilantro
2 TBS of Garlic
2 lbs of frozen Tilapia
1. Cut foil so that it will surround each fillet.
2. You will need to mix the Ginger, Soy Sauce, Cilantro, Garlic, and the 2 TBS of Lemon. (I usually cut up one of the lemons and put a slice right on the fish and use the other one for the juice.) Leave this in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. I set the table, clean up, and get all my sides ready for when I put the fish into the pressure cooker.
3. Then place the frozen Tilapia in the foil. You will need to round the edges of the foil so the sauce doesn’t drip out. Then put 1 to 2 TBS of your sauce on the fish. Then you want to close it like a present. You will layer the packets in the pressure cooker with the thickest fillet on the bottom.
4. Then turn it on for 5 minutes.
5. When it is done release the pressure cooker and wait. Then use your silicon finger mits to take it out. It is easy to plate this fish. I put the foil packet on the plate and when everything else is ready. I simply open it and the fish is still hot. You should have sauce leftover and you can add it then.
Must Have Instant Pot Accessories
These are my favorite pressure cooker accessories. I find the one I use the most is the Silicone starter pack. I use it for every meal I make in the pressure cooker or outside of it.
This is my go-to cookbook. I also love this one for my Pressure Cooker XL.
This is the pressure cooker I have.
When I make eggs I use just my pot but people swear by this egg stand
and this one with the silicon molds that they also use to make egg omelets in.
I love my steamer basket
When I am trying to do an entire meal at once I love this
and everyone needs one of these make sure you look at the size of the unit before you buy this cake pan.
Non-stick Springform Bundt Pan
This is the best storage option I love my Rubbermaid containers you can microwave them and refrigerator food in them. They do not stain!
For more instant pot recipes check out these cookbooks
The Essential Instant Pot Cookbook: Fresh and Foolproof Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker
Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 550 Recipes for Any Budget. Simple And Quality Guide For Beginners And Advanced. Vegan Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Fast & Healthy Meals
Weight Watchers Instant Pot Smart Points Cookbook: The Complete Weight Watchers Instant Pot Cookbook – with 60 Healthy & Delicious Instant Pot Cooker Recipes
Instant Pot Recipes
Try my Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
Simple Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs Recipe
Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
Hearty Beef Stew Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Recipe
Instant Pot Baked Apples Recipe
Fast and Easy Instapot Baked Potatoes Recipe
Easy Instant Pot Cinnamon Applesauce Recipe
Did you know that you can make desserts in your instant pot? See my list of drool-worthy Best Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Desserts
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
Pressure Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Healthy Tilapia Recipes in the Pressure Cooker
- Tilapia 2 lbs frozen
- 2 lemons microwave them for 15 seconds
- salt and pepper
- This is the easiest tilapia pressure cooker recipe.
- You place each fillet in a foil package.
- You slice the lemon and place a slice of lemon on each then you sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- You layer them in foil in your Pressure cooker XL for 5 minutes. That is it!
Cook, Baker, Phototaker, Fitness Mover and Shaker, Cupcake Tester, Deal Maker, Adventurous Undertaker, Do Good “Deeder”, Teacher, Mom, Wife, Patriot for Life & Giver of Good Advice – RealAdviceGal